woensdag 31 maart 2010

Xenophobia: Racism is not in me

Hello over there, you all know me.

In the last lecture of Emily, I had a presentation about immigrants from another country. Today, I will discuss the topic of racism in my family and my own life. I love all kinds of colors.

First, I will mention something about my childhood. When I was a little child of seven or eight years, my parents thought me to be friendly to everyone.
The reason why is simple. According to my parents, everybody is equal. Most people on earth breathe the same breath and also have the same red blood in their veins.

However, after I came to Europe, Europe had taught me about racism. To be honest, I fought with boys and girls at primary school and college in Europe, because these guys were calling me nicknames which I dislike. I regret using my hands for fighting instead of using my mouth to talk. After all these experiences, I still love all colors of peoples.

When I´m angry, it´s only temporary for that individual case. After that you can called me the old Alexander. I have many friends of many colors, including Europeans to Moroccans. I don´t know what I will reach by having a racist thoughts in mind. Racist thoughts don´t get me paid, or give me neither food nor clothes etcetera.

So I listen to many friends who have had several conversations concerning racism, but I always explain to them that they should be able to let racist conversations and the racism in their thoughts go, because it doesn´t benefit them. These friends listen to what I have had to say. In my entire family there are no people that I know who have racist behavior or talk about it. Part of my family is married to white British and American people and other part mixed with other colors.

Even on family days, I don´t hear anything on the table that my family talks about racism or having thoughts about it. These have influence on me and change my way of thinking and behavior. Because of all this, I notice that racism is not in me. I hope to keep it in this way for my entire life as long as I leave on earth.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten